Saturday, June 30, 2007

cRazY!!!

Man, it has sure been crazy lately! Between my new 37 1/2 hour schedule at work, L.C.'s shift work, Pheoby adjusting to full-time preschool and growing this baby things sure have been a little out of the ordinary. But... I think I am easing into working and I think Pheoby is pretty well adjusted and I have made it into my 2nd trimester so I think we are developing a new sense of normal. That is good! And the really good news is that I got my first check yesterday! That is really refreshing!!! I don't just have to go there because it is a really fun place with interesting co-workers and clients, but they also compensate me for my time! It is funny how becoming a stay-at-home-mom and "sacrificing" for the sake of really being able to invest in your child can really affect your mindset on a lot of things. Being a full-time mommy for 3 years has made me forget that I am also a professional with some good experience. Being a mommy for 3 years has made me forget how much cash people will give you at the end of a pay period (even in a profession where people don't do it for the money)! Being a mommy for 3 years has made me forget that I really did enjoy being involved in social work. That, too, is refreshing to me. I really did dread going back to work before I knew how great of a fit BHS would be for me. I was ready to make the committment to making the financial contribution to our future, but I wasn't sold on going to a job that I couldn't be passionate about. At this point, though, I am feeling great about the whole thing. God really blessed me with an outcome that I can be thoroughly satisfied with!

1 comment:

Bryan and Tammy said...

Nothing like passion to make it all worth it! I am thrilled for you!