Sunday, January 27, 2008

Time to check in again, I suppose!

Trey is one month old!!! I can't believe how fast this month has gone. We have some exciting things on the horizon for our family so the fact that the past month has gone by this quickly makes our future look so close. We took Trey to the doctor on Friday due to several minor things we wanted checked. He has grown so much. He is now 11 1/2 pounds. Zero-Three month clothes are typically for babies up to 12 lbs. Unfortunately we have already started our "retirement" pile for outgrown clothes. It only has 3-4 items in it so far, but a couple of them he didn't even wear once. That is too sad, huh?! They will go into a tote and to the attic in hopes that a future Hayes will get use out of them.

Other news on the home front...

  • I am thrilled to be able to participate in some Mom & Tots activities once again. We had to give them up when I returned to work. Now that I am a part-timer I am jumping back into these fun activities. We will start with the new music class for kids tomorrow morning. I think we will start getting ready at about 8:00 to be there by 10:00! ;o)
  • Our home has recovered from a month of visitors! It was wonderful to have my family and my best friend here for visits. We really enjoyed all the fun times and new memories that were created during their stays with us. However, as a "new mom" I kinda ate up the fact that I didn't need to do much around the house. So by the end of this past week our house was a disaster. L.C. let me sleep way in on Saturday so when I got up I was ready to get to work. He left for basketball practice and both kids napped at the same time so I jumped in with both feet! It never felt so good to pick up and clean our home! With every bit of progress I felt life coming into order. Nice! When L.C. came home he jumped in and helped with the cleaning and by bedtime our home was spotless... well, except for the cluttered desk and bills that still need to be paid. I should get on that tomorrow. Why not tonight you ask?!?! Perhaps I will play the "day of rest" card! ;o)
  • I am so thankful for our church. The current series "obey" has really got me thinking and has challenged me in great ways. I have faith that God has great things right around the corner for me! The connections I have with friends there is so special, too. It has been hard for me to connect through the last several months due to low energy from the pregnancy and adjusting to working full time. But now that both of those are done I am looking forward to building upon the relationships we have with our friends there. On Friday night I was blessed to be a part of a White Elephant Baby Shower for several women who are expecting babies (and two of us who were blessed with ours one month ago)! It was a neat experience. I really enjoyed getting to know more women from our church. Some that I had never seen before and some that I had met, but never really got to know. It is truly a blessing to be a part of a interconnected body of believers!
  • Pheoby is about to turn 4! I can't believe how big she is getting. What a marvelous thing to watch this child grow and advance in knowledge and wisdom with such ease. She certainly makes us proud! We will be celebrating her birthday with a My Little Pony party at home. She will be getting a fabulous outdoor "toy" so I am praying that spring time weather comes early. I am hoping for dry ground and a nice carpet of grass to prevent little feet from turning orange. I am in the midst of creating our guestlist. If you fear I may forget to invite you drop me a comment and I will add your kiddos to the list. We want all our friends to share this special day with us! (Friday, Feb. 22)

1 comment:

Eddie, Martha-Marie, and Selah said...

Hey Sarah...sounds like things are going really well for you guys...I left you a facebook message this morning, so if you have the chance read it and let me know when would be a good time to get together! I can't wait to meet Trey! :)