Thursday, March 15, 2007

Here a blog, there a blog, every where a.....

I can't tell you how much I love reading my friend's blogs! I think it must be because I am such a relational person and I love to know lots of little tidbits from my friends lives that I may not get to share if it wasn't for their posts. Most of the blogs I read are from friends far away, but even if I lived close to them I think I would still love it! As I mentioned in my first post here, I think it only fair to share a little something back with anyone who cares to read. The only thing is that I have a hard time coming up with a main theme or focus point for my blog. I don't want it to be boring so that no one wants to read it! But, I suppose... if I don't make entries no one will read it either, huh? So... here I am... I am going to try my best to jot something in here a few times a week. I think it will be a good outlet for me. And I think in my though process while typing I just came up with a theme! The journey.

I have really felt in the last few months like God is drawing me closer to Him than I have been in a long time. I have had more clarity of mind to deal with some things that have been on my mind for a while. Because of that clarity I have had more zeal and passion to become healthier in many areas of life. L.C. and I joined the local rec center last month and I have been loving it! I also joined Weight Watchers again (for the 3rd time) and am pretty serious about this being the last time! I asked L.C. his opinion on what I should focus on at the gym to start with. He said cardio to drop the weight first. I am glad I have a smart husband!!! So I have been doing an hour at the gym several times a week. It actually feels good. I have never been an exercise lover, but I guess I discovered a passion for the accomplishment I feel from it now. It feels good knowing that I can run for 20 minutes!!! (I bet it will shock many of the people who know me well that I am loving to run!) Fran even got me on the elliptical twice this week and I am loving that. Thanks, Fran!

That was a long deal about the exercise portion of the journey, but hey... if I don't write you can't read, right? And if you can't read there will be little snippets of my life that you will miss out on, huh? ;o)

Oh... the main thing I wanted to post here is links to my favorite blogs! That would have stunk if I forgot, huh?

Dan's Bike Trip is a definite must! Dan was a great friend in college and a fellow RA (my favorite college job!!). He is currently on a bike trip across the nation to raise money and awareness for an orphanage in Mexico called Tapestries of Life. People in Croswell should recognize this as Steve Brewer's ministry. You can click on the following link to find out more about Dan's bike trip and to read his journal. It is pretty cool!!!
http://wesleyanteens.com/dbt/

One of my very best friends, Tammy (Hurley) Williams, is gearing up for a big relocation to China. She and her husband (and their two little ones) are heading to China to learn Chinese at a university there. They have been working with international students at Michigan State University for 4 years and now it is their turn to be international students on someone else's turf. You can follow their journey at
http://williamsinqinghai.blogspot.com/.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so excited that you have experienced runner's high. That is what that desire to run is called;) 20 minutes is awesome!Here's a fun quote, you may not quite be here with the running yet, but it can relate to your priority to exercise too... "I'll keep running because it allows me to be selfish, It's the thing I do just for me and nobody else!" Your blog is inspiring me to want to blog. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean for that to be anonymous... I am new to this. It's Amber!