Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

It was a beautiful Spring day today. I spent most of the day cleaning the house. I hate to admit the last time we did a deep cleaning on this house! I will though... by our best estimation it was just before my parents came for Pheoby's birthday, February 22nd. I don't remember the last time I had that many dust bunnies hiding out... well... they weren't really hiding that much by this point. You know how if you see lots of roaches you know there are hundreds you are not seeing? It was a lot like that with the dust bunnies and dirt and germs. There was so much visible nastiness all around so I can't imagine all that I couldn't see. YUCK! I am so glad we got it all cleaned up, though.

Anyway... I digress. What I was saying is that it was a beautiful Spring day. I cleaned the house and L.C. mowed the jungle. (He has been working to get our lawn growing well and I think he was successful!) While I was mopping with the back door opened, smelling the fresh cut grass I couldn't help but praise God for the great blessing it is to own a home to care for. So many times I get bogged down by all the responsability on my shoulders, but in that moment with mop in hand I was so thankful for the many blessings we have been entrusted with. Thank you God for undeserved blessings!

On a related note, with my return to work last year and L.C.'s advancements at Duke Energy we have been able to make great strides in some financial goals we've been working towards. We have definately not arrived and have a way to go before we achieve our long term goals, but we are to the point where we can day dream about our next steps without having them seem unreachable. Because of that we have been talking a lot about where we see our future, our family and our ministries.

Yesterday as we went for a road trip we chatted about the areas we would consider moving when we are ready for our next home. We knew when we moved here that this home would be a stepping stone. Actually we don't really see ourselves staying put for the rest of our lives in any home... there is just too much we want to keep ourselves open to. When choosing the next home/community we will have to consider school options for our children, business opportunities and many other long term issues.

What we settled on was that we really liked where we lived when we were first married. We were about 5-10 minutes from anything we should need on Woodruff Road, but also were surrounded by farm land. It was the best of both worlds. Country living with quick city access. The opportunities for schools, activities and business are endless.

Another thing that we didn't really discuss was the vast array of great churches that we would be able to consider. We really love Foothills and one day if the Lord does allow us to relocate back to that area it will mean leaving our friends at FCC. We already struggle to stay involved due to the 30 minute commute. And it is a blessing that we are already connected there. It is hard to believe we have been at Foothills for almost 3 years. WOW!

Ok... I am hoping that this post doesn't appear so much as rambling thoughts. The truth is, though, it is! I am just sitting in the recliner with my feet propped up unwinding from a beautiful day. What a blessed life!

Happy Easter, friends!

3 comments:

Martin LaBar said...

And to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I've missed seeing you at the ladies study on Wednesday. Hope all is well with you guys. Happy Easter to you, too!!! Love, The Dickersons

Jodie Wolfe said...

I could use your help. I am trying to survey as many women as possible to find out what ten struggles they face as a Christian woman. If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

Please pass this on to your friends as well.