Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ketchup... oh, no, I mean "Catch up!"

I logged onto msn messenger this weekend, which is something I rarely do, and lo and behold my dear old friend Amanda K. popped on! Amanda was a member of the (I'm sure) famous Jetsabillies small group from SLM @ CWC. Amanda is a very special girl. I was really looking forward to watching her (and all the other Jetsabillies) grow, mature and graduate from high school.

I started out with these girls when they were in 7th grade, followed them to 8th grade and was preparing to transition with them into high school when I felt the Lord calling us back to South Carolina. It was hard to follow God's plan and leave my family twice, but it was a close second having to break the news to those teenage girls who I had committed my life to. I will never forget the night that I told them I would be leaving or the conversation, tears and special gifts that came from that. It was a pivital spiritual point for many of us in that room. We talked a lot about faith and trusting God through it all. And my, didn't we have to lean on Him so much through so many things.

It has been almost 3 years since we made the big decision to head back to SC. My heart still hurts for the relationships changed because of our decision to move, especially for the relationships lost. But I must praise God for the amazing gift of many special relationships that have stood the test of time and many miles. My friendship with Amanda is a tremendous blessing which reminds me that God is right by my side taking care of me when I need a little extra surprise!

Thanks, Amanda, for the connection we share! You truely are a blessing and an amazing young woman! I am honored that you call me friend!!! I love you, girl!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and I had a discussion. Is it Amanda on the left and Alyssa on the right? I cant believe they dressed alike? :) We are so very proud of them as well!

Sarah said...

Yes... you are right! She said that was Twin Day for Homecoming. They won! ;o)