Monday, June 23, 2008

A Pretty Good Day

The kids and I had a pretty relaxing day today. Of course, they were both up before me. (Mental note... be sure to prep that bag of Teddy Grahams you promised Pheoby as a morning snack so you can get a few more minutes of shut-eye before Trey wakes up!)

We ran a couple errands first thing, then had a pretty lazy morning. We filled up the kiddie pool and played in that for a while before nap time. Trey had a relaxing time hangin' out in his crab baby lounger. (I have pictures to share some time!)

Pheoby likes to pretend to enjoy swimming in her pool, but spends more time and energy focusing on the bugs in the pool, on the patio, near the house or within 50 foot of her. Seriously... I am needing some feedback here... is this something that she will ever grow out of? I thought when it started about 2 years ago that it would be a phase, but it seems like it isn't. Hmm... anyway... we attempt to enjoy the outdoors as long as I can tolerate the panic!

Trey didn't sleep well this morning, so he was tuckered out by the afternoon. I put both kids down at about the same time. Trey slept for about 3 hours and Pheoby slept 4! That was a nice little break. I was able to pick up, work on laundry, develop my social calendar for the week and catch up on blogs and e-mails.

We had company over for supper and lots of play time! I have recently reconnected with a long-lost college friend who lives about 5 miles from here. Brandi (Alexander) Roper. We had seen one another about a year ago in the grocery store, but didn't think to get contact info. So when I saw her at the store a couple weeks ago we made sure to get the info! We have gotten the kids together a couple times and they have hit it off.... the girls are already planning a slumber party.

While they were here, I was comforting a fussy Trey by allowing him to grab my hand and discovered rather quickly that the boy had cut a tooth today!!! That's his first one... for those of you who like to know the details it is a bottom front tooth, not the eye tooth we were expecting first since it has been visable for a month or two. He will be 6 months old on Saturday. (That was for the detail-wanter's, too!)

Tonight I tried to work on getting the tape off Pheoby's incision. It didn't seem to be letting loose and I DO NOT want her to have to go through them ripping it off at her post-op appointment Thursday. We had a mini-surgery at home on the sofa! She applied a warm compress for a while then I massaged the tape with some anti-biotic ointment and tried my best to loosen the edges. I was able to get about 1/3 of the tape off. She laid very still so I could cut away the excess tape. I didn't want to risk it re-adhearing. I also wanted to give the new edges an opportunity to pull on the pillow a little tonight.

I hope we make more progress getting that off tomorrow! ;o) Bath time in the AM will help, I am sure. It looks like the incision may be longer than I imagined. He said one stitch so I thought one little tiny tie. It looks more like he maybe used one long piece of thread to sew up a 1/2 inch or longer incision, whereas I expected less than 1/4 inch. I took some new pictures of the progress we made, but I am not up to editing them tonight. Maybe by Thursday I will post new pics as well as find an old pic to show what it looked like before the surgery.

Well, I feel the need to apologize for rambling so long.... good thing the theme of this blog is about filling you in on my day-to-day life! ;o) Oh, and I forgot... if you didn't want to read this you didn't have to read it all since I won't know if you tune me out! You don't even have to put on that kind front that people do when listening to the longest-drawn out stories that remind me of Grandpa Tanner's story about raking leaves one fall day. If I had more time I would fill you in on how he would get them all raked up into a pile and the wind would come blow them all around the yard and he would just get them raked up again and....

But I don't. So you will have to ask me someday if you want to know more! ;o) Thanks faithful readers, for allowing me to share our lives with you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you had a good day and that your little Miss is feeling better and is Trey really 6 months?Wow! I LOVE reading the day to day stuff that makes the miles seem fewer!

Martin LaBar said...

Well, I read the whole thing.

Best to the R's. I've seen them in the grocery, too.

Anonymous said...

When you find out what to do about the panic with the bugs...please let me know! Hope is the same way and that panic is awful! Glad all is going well for you guys! Miss seeing ya! Enjoy your time with the kids!
Erica

Jill said...

You are so silly my friend! I love reading about anything you write.

We safely made it to Ohio...so now the real fun begins! I'll touch base once we get home so we can figure out a time to together.

Anonymous said...

a little birdy told us some news.i have one thing to say....ARE U CRAZY....nooooooooo we love u guys and are soooooo happy .hope to see u guys sometime this summer maybe.never know where this camper may go....uncle pickle n wife