Thursday, April 19, 2007

Back to the gym!

Well... I made it! After a 9 day hiatus (which sounds so much better than 9 days of laziness) I made it back to the gym!! And boy oh boy did I love it! It was amazing to push myself.

I did the weight loss course on the elliptical. I missed my goal of 5000 strides in 30 minutes, but only by a few strides. I am not sure how much extra time it took, but it couldn't have been 45 seconds that I had to work extra to get to 5000. I burned about 375 calories and went 3 miles. That was GREAT!

I have known for a long time that I work best with small challenges. I guess if I was a runner I would be a sprinter. So... instead of trying to pace myself for the whole 5000 I broke it up into little segments. Before today I don't think I got up to 200 strides/minute very often, if I did at all. But I am happy to say I stayed between 200 and 220 per minute for a lot of the workout today. And every time I reached one of my little mini goals it just pumped me up more! It was very exciting!!!

Man, oh man... I really want to lose 3 lbs this week, but I haven't been that good. If I stay pretty serious tonight and tomorrow I could do it! We will see on Saturday when I weigh in. I guess I will be happy with a 2 lb. loss, but if lose under two pounds I will be discouraged. Not because life (or the program) isn't fair, but because I didn't focus and work to meet my goal.

The good news is that I made it to the gym today and I feel really good about what I did. So I know that I know that I know that I will meet my weight loss goal next week for sure!! I am back on the horse and I don't have any reason to get back off! I wonder why I got off for 9 days? Hmm... something to ponder.

No comments: