Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Unwinding

(Is that how you spell un-wine-ding?)

This is my first "normal" day since my company left and my daughter is back to school. I am at home alone and it is lovely! If there is one thing my stay-at-home-mom self loves it is my home all to myself just to unwind. I have always been this way, too. When Pheoby was a baby I didn't long to leave for a Wal*Mart trip on my own, but having L.C. offer to take Pheoby to a ball game for a couple hours was like a DREAM!

Anyway... here I am today, the house to myself, and I am loving the ability to think uninterrupted. I decided it would be a cleaning day since my house is a disaster. My bathroom hasn't been cleaned since before we went to MI in March and I can't tell you the last time my kitchen has been wiped down... oh, wait.... yeah I can. It was Friday before the Levitt's arrived.

So... I started with the cleaning. The bathrooms are done and the towels have been washed. I really wanted to have more done by now, but I have been dealing with other little odds and ends like postponing my haircut another 2 weeks, making a to-do list, calling Close To My Heart hostesses and stuff like that. And any time now I will be getting the call from Fran to head out to the gym. She will call me when she is leaving school and I will meet her there. My time is really limited! I better type fast and then squeeze in a couple more chores before I have to go!!

I wanted to report that I didn't reach my 10 lb weight loss goal yet. BUT!!! I will by Saturday which is my official weigh in day. I didn't go last weekend because things were just too crazy for me to add one more thing to the schedule. I did go today, though, and I have lost a total of 9.2 lbs! I am excited!!! This is going well! I am excited to see the pounds dropping! My next weight loss goal will be to lose X amount (to be determined later) by May 26th. That is the night that I have planned a Stu-Be (college dorm) Reunion Game Night. I figure this is a great goal because it was at the first Stu-Be Reunion that I looked at the pictures and wondered who the fat girl was! After that I decided that it was time to do something about this whole deal. So, Stu-Be Girls!!!! Be ready to compare pics! I am hoping that it will be enough weight to notice a significant change. We shall see!!!

Another thing I wanted to ramble about as I unwind is how much I LOVE my Bible Study group at Foothills! (www.foothillscc.org) It is amazing to be learning so many wonderful things about myself and about healthy living from this study and from my "classmates." It is amazing to see the relationships building amongst the group members. This is definately a HUGE answer to my prayers over the last several years! God has shepherded me through a lot of mountain tops and valleys and it is a wonderful thing to be sharing my life with such a great group! Growing pains feel so good!!!

No comments: