Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Boots

If there is one thing that we buy over and over it seems to be shoes. We go through more shoes than one would imagine a little girl needs. A couple weeks ago we went shoe shopping and left the store with a stack of shoe boxes. I got a pair of well-needed sneeks (my last pair of tennis shoes were purchased when I was pregnant with Pheoby!), Trey got his 3rd pair of kicks that he can't even fit into yet, and Pheoby ended up getting two new pair. One pair was a cute pair of New Ballance slip-on sneakers and the other was this classy pair of boots! She is one stylin' gal in these bad boys!!! As you can see she liked them. L.C. caught her in her bedroom playing one evening all fancied up in her nighty, wild hair and the boots! ;o)


Speaking of wild hair.... We have come to the age that discussions regarding Pheoby's appearance come up quite regularly. It is usually not an emotional conversation, although we have had those, too. Typically it is some random thought that she blurts out seemingly from nowhere. For instance, a week or so ago Pheoby asked me if she would look different when she turned 5. (Mind you, that is over a year away since she is only approaching her 4th birthday this month!) I said, "of course" as any reasuring mother would. I was thinking she wanted to know if she would look older. Nope! She was crushed, all most crying. She said, "you mean I won't have my brown skin and my curly hair?!" I quickly responded that she would look very similar, only older! ;o)


Anyway.... back to the wild hair story. It is best for Phoeby to have her hair conditioned and combed daily; however, we often times don't get that done. When she has her hair loose and it gets all messed up we say it is "wild." Well, the other day we were watching some children's program on TV and she saw a bi-racial girl who looked very similar to her. She noticed that, too, and commented. "Mommy! She looks like me!" Then after we watched her for a few more minutes she piped up again.... "I don't like her wild hair, though!" I was surprised, because the little girl's hair was nicely done, just loose with no barrets or pony-tails or anything. It was interesting to me because that is Pheoby's favorite way to wear her hair. She loves to have it down with nothing holding it back. Maybe if that is how she saw this other little girl we might reconsider the beauty in her wearing hers loose!

Now... let's see if I can find a good pic to showcase some really wild hair...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her hair...I think its fun and free!! What a cutie!

Amy said...

Sarah! I CAN NOT believe how much Phoeby looks like you!!! I am dying here!!! How was her 4th birthday??? I can't believe how big our girls are getting!

Love ya!
Amy :)