Monday, February 11, 2008

Sometimes having kids around isn't all its cracked up to be!

Yeah, I said it! It is the truth!! And I have proof right here in the special story for tonight's blog entry.

As many of you know and the rest probably assume, I have some extra poundage I am trying to let go of since birthing my boy. Well... I have been kinda picky on what I "waste" my calories on. Now, mind you, I don't avoid all junk food. I still get my fair share. But I am really thoughtful that I don't put stuff in my mouth that I don't truly enjoy.

So last night I decided it was worth it to have a Tootsie Pop. (Yeah, there are still a couple left! L.C. hasn't finished them off yet!) I am not particularly fond of suckers, but a Tootsie Pop is worth the work and empty calories to get to the gooey goodness in the end. Since I am not all up into the sucker part I gave in to Pheoby's pleas to share while we folded laundry. (She seperated the socks!) I was gladly taking turns with her. She would have it for a minute or two and then she would give it back to me for a minute or so.

Well... I gave her one last turn before the greatest part and I got distracted in the folding of laundry and didn't realize she had chomped into MY Tootsie Pop until the 3rd or 4th bite! Oh my!!! I about came unglued! I am not proud of my antics, but it really did bother me! ;o) I tried my best to get over it because, after all, it is only a sucker. But inside it continued to burn me up a bit.

One would think things couldn't go too much further downhill, but oh, my friend they certainly can! Once she finished with the sock sorting it was time for her bath. I have a good line of sight into the bathroom where I am sitting on the couch and I watch to make sure she is taking all the appropriate procedures in preparing for her bath. And what do my wondering eyes should appear (ok... so I don't know how that really goes in the Christmas poem, but roll with me... this is an emotional story!) but a little girl spitting out the "gum" before she hops in her bath.

UGH!!! The gooey goodness that I was patiently waiting for, that I heard her chomp into without my permission, that I wasted calories for was dropped into the trash because my girl didn't have any idea that what she was chewing was not a wad of Blo-Pop gum!!!!

See what I mean?!?!? Sometimes kids aren't all they are cracked up to be!!! ;o)

2 comments:

Jill said...

My friend, I love that you are so real!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sarah! I so needed a laugh today. You have a great way with words. I could feel your pain here, and then to see the best part of it hit the trash can. It hurts :-)

It must have been a day for moms and antics. Came downstairs this morning to find HC covered in Balmex, along with the stairs and the rock fireplace. Oh my, the antics were over the top!!!
Love, Shari